Online Photography Competition
WATER Vital for all known forms of life, water covers 71% of the earth’s surface. We are the water planet. It sustains, transports, calms and inspires us. From the smallest dew droplet to the vast ocean, Photography Center of Cape Cod seeks water photography in all its forms.
Enter at: client.smarterentry.com/CapeCodArt
Juror’s Selection: $500 Cash Prize A published photography book of all the winning entries. Your winning image featured in an Online Exhibit.
Director’s Selection: $250 Cash Prize A published photography book of all of the winning entries. Your winning image featured in an Online Exhibit
Rules and Regulations:
1. All entries should be uploaded with all of the information requested
2. All entries must be accompanied by a payment of $10 for each entry (no maximum)
3. Judging will be done on the basis of creativity and artistic expression, originality and technical ability.
4. Each submitted photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant acknowledges that the submitted photograph(s) is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s copyright are not eligible.
5. The photographs entered must not, in the sole discretion of Cape Cod Art Association, contain obscene, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable content. Entries deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
6. Follow the online instructions to upload and submit images. To submit more than three images, an additional entry form is NOT required. Simply log into your account on the registration site and select “Buy Additional Images.”
Image Format: required: · less than 2MB total size suggested: · 72 ppi resolution · 1,280 pixels on the longest side · sRGB or RGB color space (standard) with layers flattened · 8 bit mode · JPG format with compression at level 8 (at minimum)
7. All entries must be submitted by Friday, October 4, 2013 at midnight 8. By participating, you are agreeing to receive promotional announcements from Photography Center of Cape Cod, from which you may opt-out at any time.
JUDGING: All entries will be anonymously reviewed throughout the Contest. Notification of acceptance via email by October 21, 2013. Judging and winning entries will be selected by:
MARK BOWIE – Mark is a professional nature photographer, writer and much sought after public speaker. His work has been published internationally in books, on calendars and posters, and in advertising media. His first two coffee table books, “Adirondack Waters: Spirit of the Mountains” and “In Stoddard’s Footsteps: The Adirondacks Then & Now,” have become a landmark regional publications. They were followed by “The Adirondacks: In Celebration of the Seasons,” and a comprehensive e-book on night photography: “The Light of Midnight: Photographing the Landscape at Night.” Mark is a staff instructor for the Adirondack Photography Institute and his work is sponsored by Hunt’s Photo. - See more at: http://capecodartassoc.org/online-photography-competition/#sthash.Ty0gT5VH.dpuf