Friday, January 23, 2009

heavenly sunrises and sunsets anywhere

You can shoot heavenly sunrises and sunsets anywhere.
Written by Jeff Wignall on January 16, 2009


When I was in high school and beginning to get seriously interested in photography I had a powerful hankering (as John Wayne might say) to be out in the Wild West shooting scenic images of canyons and deserts and cow pokes (whatever they were) minding the range. Unfortunately, I was stuck in the 'burbs in Connecticut, and the wildest scenery I had available was a nearby beach on Long Island Sound. I soon discovered, however, that if I went to those beaches at the right time of day--sunrise or sunset--they would be magically transformed into splendid scenic settings. The wildness (or, in my case, tameness) of the location simply didn't matter: A great sunset is a dramatic and colorful event no matter where it occurs.

Read his tips and the rest of the article here...
http://www.creativepro.com/article/photo-how-gifts-sky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Did you know Jeff Wignall has a nice radio show on WPKN 89.5 on Tuesday afternoons?
He's pretty funny and plays some good jazz. I found his Joy of Photography in a small bookstore on Cape Cod and I frequently refer to it.
Bill Hoikala