Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Carl Heilman - New DVD, Summer Programs

Hi everyone! Happy summer! I just read through the last note I sent and noticed I mentioned a foot of snow still on the ground here. That - and spring have passed us by, and we're on to summer rain. Sure could use some sun here - the garden is really suffering from being too wet - but surviving. We certainly don't have to worry about the well going dry!

We have a couple of new products available this summer. First, we finally managed to do all the production work for the DVD version of 'The Wild Adirondacks' - the program that is shown daily at the Wild Center in Tupper Lake. We still need to add that to our website, but it is available through us - and through the Wild Center. They have it in the store at the Tupper Lake museum, and will also be available on their website www.wildcenter.org, when a 'store' is also added to their website.

I have two new books available this summer. The Coast of Maine - pub. by Rizzoli, has been out now for a couple of months. This book is the same format / size as my 'end table' book, The Adirondacks. Retail price is 17.95. My new book (same format) on Lake George should be available in early August. I'll have an advance copy here today to have my first look at the final copy, but the full shipment won't be here for a couple of weeks yet.
We have three programs and a photo tour scheduled this month, plus a digital weekend workshop the first weekend in August.

This Thurs., July 9, 7:30 PM, I'm presenting our newest Adirondack multi-media show, 'I Am the Adirondacks', for the Lake George Assoc. at Canoe Island Lodge in Diamond Point. Please contact the LGA www.lakegeorgeassociation.org for more information.

On July 19th at 7:30 PM, at the Tannery Pond Community Center in North Creek, I will be presenting, 'I Am the Adirondacks' - along with musician / composer Casey Filiaci and Adirondack folk singer / songwriterDan Berggren. This program will be a benefit for my good friend, songwriter and musician Dan Duggan, during his recovery from cancer. Suggested donation for the evening performance is $15.00. Hope to see you there!!!

On July 25th, I'm doing a slide show program on some of my favorite places in the Lake George area for the Lake George Land Conservancy, Bolton Landing at 2 PM. This is part of their day long celebration.

Links for these programs, and more information about the Lake George / Northwest Bay photo tour on July 25, the August 1,2 digital weekend, the Adirondack Living Show on August 6-9 - and any other summer programs and events, are on my website at http://www.carlheilman.com/photo-workshops.html . There is a separate link on that page for programs, as well as additional links for workshops and tours.

Feel free to contact us with any questions! www.carlheilman.com Hope you are having a great summer!!

Thanks! Carl

No comments: