Monday, December 3, 2012

High Dynamic Range Imaging


High Dynamic Range Imaging

Gavin Phillips shows how to use HDR imaging to create superb images with fine detail, perfect lighting and accurate colours.

http://www.photoreview.com.au/tips/editing/high-dynamic-range-imaging3

He gives some good tips and also reviews different software. I use photopmatix 90% and Nik HDR Efex 10%. I have not used  Artizen or Dynamic Photo-HDR

HDR Specific Software
All these software programs are Mac/Windows compatible and offer free trial downloads.

Artizen - I use Artizen for most of my interior HDR shots. Most of the time it gives me better results for what I'm looking for with interior shots. $50

Dynamic Photo HDR - I use DPHDR for some of my night HDR, and some daytime HDR as well. It depends how the image looks. It often creates more natural looking skies, and it’s great if you want to go in a different creative direction $54

No comments: