Wednesday, November 10, 2010

DSLR Camera Lens Buying Guide

DSLR Camera Lens Buying Guide


Scott says "I get lots of "what camera should I buy" questions here at Photofocus. I personally don't enjoy that question since it's sort of like asking me "What sort of car should I buy?" I do have more sympathy for the next logical question: "What lens should I buy?" I am not talking about the "Is the Nikon 50 f/1.4 really better than the 50 f/1.8 lens?" questions, but the "What lens should I buy generally?" questions. Neither question is easy to answer. This is an updated version of my first attempt (back in June, 2009) to cover this question. I have seven basic questions here that should help make the process of selecting a lens easier. For those who just want me to pick a lens for them, skip to the bottom where I have some generic suggestions. If you're trying to decide which lens to buy, here are some questions that you should answer (on your own) before you decide to go to the camera store."

Read the article here

1 comment:

Top Rated Cameras said...

Wonderful post. I am new to photography and I'm on the process of learning some basic information about camera lenses as well as their types, uses and features. Been thinking of getting a new lens but I can't decide which one to get. Twisted between getting a zoom lens or a prime lens.