Thursday, June 26, 2014

Seim’s How to Sign and Logo Your Photos – Revised Edition

a good article on signing your prints and watermarking your images.

Seim’s How to Sign and Logo Your Photos – Revised Edition


A Final Recap…

  • You CAN overdo it. Stay balanced.
  • Not knowing what to do is no excuse. Work it out.
  • Keep is classy (simple is always a good place to start).
  • Think like a client buying art (what do they see?).
  • So as a rule do not put a logo on fine prints. These can be a large distraction and they change over time. If you use a logo on a quality print. You’ll probably regret it later.
  • Logo’s are OK for web images, but try not to make it to distracting. Still, you can always change it later if you like. That said, I generally use my digital signature these days. Not my logo.
  • For prints I always use my signature, either digitally or by hand. A signature is not a logo. It’s my written name. I keep it in the corner with a bit of space. Viewers can easily find who made the print and it has a art quality to it.
  • Keep asking questions. Keep experimenting. But always make sure it’s about the image, not the markings.

No comments: