Friday, September 13, 2013

THE VISUAL TOOLBOX A new eBook by David duChemin

BUY THE VISUAL TOOLBOX

Make Stronger Photographs

 

THE VISUAL TOOLBOX
A new eBook by David duChemin

When a friend recently asked me how I would teach photography if I were running a photography school, it sparked a long discussion. And then, because it's unlikely that I'll be running a photography school anytime soon, I started playing with an imaginary curriculum for a course that might, if you did one lesson a week, last a whole year. When I finished I had a 40,000 word book called The Visual Toolbox, and we're releasing that today.
Use the promotional code TOOLBOX when you check out and pay only USD $17 OR use the code TOOLBOX20 to get 20% off when you buy 5+ Craft & Vision products. These codes expire at 11:59 PM (PST) September 17, 2013.
These are the lessons I wish I'd learned when I was starting out, because some of them took way too long by just learning ad hoc. I spent too many years focused on the wrong thing, and in some cases, too many years not focused at all. What I know now is that reading books alone doesn't make us better photographers, making photographs does that.

The Visual Toolbox is packed with lessons about the tools of the photographic language - the camera, the lens, and the more important stuff like visual language, composition, and learning to see. Most of those lessons are accompanied with real-life, honest-to-God assignments to get you out there learning how to make stronger photographs, not just learning to use a camera.

The Visual Toolbox is 201 pages long: a big, gorgeous, PDF eBook, filled from front to back with the stuff I believe will make you more comfortable with the tools of your craft and more fluent with the language of this art. It'll take you past images that are sharp and well-exposed, to photographs that are alive and say something.

Lessons include topics like isolation, scale, balance and tension, abstraction and expressionism, seeing light, understanding visual mass and energy, using negative space, using your lenses more expressively, exploring the effects of perspective on your image, and so much more. Then it's your turn and if you're looking for practical hands-on ideas to really solidify this stuff, those are there too.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE VISUAL TOOLBOX

No comments: