Saturday, September 7, 2013

John Toma' s Favorite Apps!

http://www.johntoma.com/index.html


John Toma' s Favorite Apps!

This section will evolve into a detailed post and review section in the next two weeks. For now, please enjoy this page of my TOP 10 Favorite Apps.

My Top 10 Favorite APPS

#1 - Snapseed

Picture


Snapseed is my favorite APP for editing photos. I will usually use Snapseed to crop, straighten, and to add a vignette or blur to my photos. I also utilize it to post to many of my social networks automatically. Go to the settings section to set-up the social media sharing. (View an example here)

#2 - Instagram

Picture

Instagram is both an editing APP as well as a social APP for me. The filters are simple, but they are often enough for a simple touch of pop for your photograph.
(View an example here)

#3 - Hipstamatic

Picture

Hipstamatic is set as an icon on my homescreen, and next to ProCamera as one of my favorite 3rd party camera alternatives. It's great to be able to change camera skins and swap lenses and film from different eras.
(View an example here)

#4 - proHDR

Picture

proHDR is my primary High Dynamic Range (HDR) camera app. I particularly enjoy having the ability to adjust my camera settings and sharing settings separately. Images really pop and come to life with proHDR, much more so than with the built-in camera app's HDR mode.(View an example here)

#5 - proCamera

Picture

proCamera is my favorite 3rd party camera alternative for snapping standard photos in color. It's advanced and powerful features are essential to capturing the quality images I expect from my platform. With proCamera you are able to control your focus and your exposure separately.
(View an example here)

#6 - DipTic

Picture

DipTic is great for placing one or more images into a single composition. I use it to tell a story in a single image when my point is to share different perspectives of single or multiple photographs. (View an example here)

#7 - BigLens

Picture

BigLens is great when you are looking to blur the background and bring your subject to the forefront of the composition. Photographers call this bokeh (Bo-Kah), which is achieved by using a high-quality, fast lens, with a DSLR.(View an example here)

#8 - TouchReTouch

Picture

TouchRetouch is great when you need to remove objects that are in the composition but do not lend to the vision of what you are trying to portray, such as power lines or cars. This is a very powerful tool, and I suggest you use a stylus in order to achieve its full potential using masks.

#9 - MPro

Picture

MPro is my go-to camera app when I am shooting a scene in black and white. The M stands for monochromatic. The standard setting creates high-contrast images that I really enjoy producing, and they look brilliant when printed.(View an example here)

#10 - SlowShutter

Picture

SlowShutter is great for timed exposures. It can be used to achieve motion blur on moving objects such as waterfalls and moving vehicles. When used in the evening, SlowShutter is great for capturing light trails from moving vehicles.(View a

No comments: