Tuesday, June 4, 2013

10 ways to cut through photography gear smoke and mirrors

I love #2 -- I see so many people with cheapo glass and kit lenses and they are talking about buying a new camera.  The most important part of taking the photograph is the 10 inches behind the viewfinder, then the glass, then the body! I would choose a Canon L lens on a Rebel over a cheapo lens on a top end camera any day! Lisa

10 ways to cut through photography gear smoke and mirrors



Here are 10 of my most popular posts breaking through the smoke and mirrors on some gear related issues. Many of which are hard truths I personally spent a LOT to learn.
  1. How do you know when you really (actually?) need a new cameraYour camera: 5 signs you’re ready for an upgrade
  2. Is a better camera really going to make a difference? How about a better lens instead? 5 reasons you should choose a new lens over a new camera
  3. What does all that sensor jargon really mean? Making sensor of it all
  4. This is me spending a lot when my photography was a baby: my love affair with glass. Every single lens I’ve owned.
  5. Full frame isn’t always better: 3 ways the 7d is better than the 5d
  6. Wanna see how full frame really stacks up against cropped sensor in the ISO war? ISO comparison shots: 5D vs 7D 
  7. Did you know that the term “full frame” is a marketing ploy? Full frame in full English
  8. Are more expensive lenses really worth the money? Yup.
  9. Aargh but what about that nasty lens envy?!
  10. What do those numbers on your lens even mean? Lens Lingo.

No comments: