Sunday, August 26, 2012

Learn by Example in new eBook!

Learn by Example in my new eBook!

By

Click here to view more details




Today, I’m happy to announce that my new eBook, Examples, is now available. It’s a collection of 23 of my images and the stories of how those images were made. The idea was inspired by my firm belief that the best way to learn something is by example. As Albert Einstein put it, “Learning by example isn’t the best way to learn. It’s the only way to learn.” I remember countless times back in school when I was struggling to understand something, but as soon as the teacher gave us an example or stepped through a problem detail by detail, I finally began to understand. Examples help us pull concepts together and see how those concepts apply to actual problems. And, that’s my goal for this eBook. Throughout the book, you’ll find a number of links to blog posts I’ve written, or other helpful websites I’ve found that explain a concept I used to create an image.


For each image, you’ll learn about:
  • Camera settings used (aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc)
  • Equipment used (camera, lens, filters, etc)
  • How the composition was chosen
  • Lighting conditions and how they affected the image
  • Special considerations for wildlife (e.g. the importance of knowing their behavior)
  • Summary of any post-processing actions
  • And, many more lessons I’ve learned from making these images!
Each image and story is presented on the same page, so with the table of contents and everything, the book is a total of 30 pages.

Preview of the eBook


Download the free preview (8-page PDF)

Click here to view more details and/or purchase the ebook!

Buy the eBook now for just $8!


No comments: