Thursday, August 2, 2012

Camera Strap

I have blogged about my camera straps before, and many of you have asked me about them!
http://www.phatstraps.com/

I have SIX of their straps, one is just for the holidays and one is Cat in the Hat that I wear in the studio when photographing kids. I love these straps! I always get compliments on them and people ask where I got it.



But the last order I received they sent me the wrong length strap. It was a wonderful BIRD print that I just loved, with a brown minky backing. I did NOT measure it when it arrived (who knew I would have to?).

After months of always having problems with this one particular strap I finally laid it out with two other straps and discovered that it was much longer than all of the other straps that I ordered. I ordered the same 30" strap for all six straps, but for this particular one they sent me the wrong size. The increased length causes it to fall much too low and makes it very uncomfortable to wear. I guess I should have measured it when it arrived to make sure that they sent me the correct strap.


I was very disappointed in their customer service (the owner Jo Keyes) would not let me exchange the strap nor would they give me a discount towards a replacement strap. :-(

I understand that I wore the strap and I understand that if I had discovered it upon arrival they might have replaced it, but it is not like I ordered the wrong strap, they sent me the wrong strap!

I am very sad because I love these straps -- their feel, their construction, their patterns, but I do not like their customer service :-(




Hi Lisa,
I am sorry to hear you are disappointed in our decision regarding this matter.  We would certainly have been quick to fix "our mistake" had we been notified in a timely manner. I'm terribly sorry we were unable to come to an agreement on this.  We hope you continue to use PhatStraps as your first choice in camera straps.  Thank you for contacting us and let me know if there is anything else we can help you with.  Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Jo Keyes
PhatStraps Inc
6513 Smithfield Rd |Suite G N Richland Hills, TX 76182

And they recently added this to their website
IF THERE HAS BEEN AN ERROR ON OUR PART, YOU MUST CONTACT US WITHIN 3 DAYS OF RECEIVING THE ITEM. NO EXCEPTIONS.

so buyer beware...

No comments: