The Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection invites you to " Drop In And Discover" your state parks and forests.
Following are nine state parks and forests selected not only for their fall foliage, but also for providing viewing towers or lookouts. Spectacular views can also be found at the Goodwin Conservation Center, listed below.
Come to these selected parks and forests, view the surrounding countryside, and hike to discover the beauty of New England. Here are just a few of Connecticut’s best scenic viewing areas...
- Macedonia Brook State Park, Kent – Cobble Mountain
- Mohawk State Forest, Cornwall
- Pachaug State Forest, Voluntown – Mt. Misery Overlook
- Peoples State Forest, Barkhamsted – Chaugnam Lookout
- Shenipsit State Forest, Somers – Observation Tower
- Sleeping Giant State Park, Hamden – Stone Tower
- Talcott Mountain State Park, Simsbury – Heublein Tower
- Mt. Tom State Park, Litchfield
- Dennis Hill State Park, Norfolk
- Goodwin Conservation Center, On Route 6 in Hampton