Thursday, June 10, 2010

Join NEW HAVEN for a Scott Kelby Photo Walk

http://worldwidephotowalk.com/walk/new-haven-ct-united-states-yale-science-hill/

Dear Lisa,

I found out about you from the New Haven Camera Club website. I am emailing to let you know about the Photo Walk to be held in New Haven on 24th July 2010. Would you let your Camera Club members know about the Photo Walk? Some of them might be interested in joining. When I found out about the photo walk which was going to take place all over the world, I was a little disappointed to see that there was no such walk in New Haven. I have volunteered to get one going here. I am an amateur photographer and I would welcome any comments or suggestions that you might have about the Photo Walk (like place - as long as it is in New Haven, time of the day, etc). To register google "photo walk" and search for New Haven.

Thank You for your help
Nivedita

http://worldwidephotowalk.com/walk/new-haven-ct-united-states-yale-science-hill/

A little bit about me….I am a researcher at Yale University. I started to take an active interest in photography in 2008 and have been trying to learn about the process ever since.
Now, a little bit about the walk…..If you need to drive to the starting point, you could park at the peabody museum parking lot (parking area access is at the intersection of Whitney Ave and Humphrey St) or any Yale parking lot. Parking in Yale lots is free on weekends.

We will meet at Sachem St. and Hillhouse Ave., more specifically at the steps going up to science hill. There will be a large statue that looks like a face on your right. We will start the walk down Hillhouse Ave. For a description of Hillhouse ave you could see its wikipedia page at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillhouse_Avenue . It is full of old beautiful buildings and is very green. We will also spend some time at the Yale Cross Campus, which will give us an opportunity to look at some more fantastic architecture. I will add in more details of the walk in a couple of weeks.

No comments: