Friday, December 4, 2009

How To Handle Unwanted Critique of Your Photography

An interesting take on a subject related to camera club judging...

From DPS...

How To Handle Unwanted Critique of Your Photography

"When I first started posting my photos online, I longed for people to take a look and comment on them, but then sometimes I wished they just hadn’t bothered. Not everyone is going to love every single one of our photos, and we’re all going to get our share of critique – whether asked for or not – that we don’t like. I think this is especially hard for those of us that are just starting off, because you work so hard on something and you think it’s one of the best photos you’ve taken and edited in quite some time, that when you get a critique it feels like they expect a masterpiece from you and don’t appreciate what you have done. Here are some things I try to consider before getting too upset about what people say about my photos."

Read the rest here:

No comments: