Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gary W. Stanley -- One Day Workshop for Camera Clubs

One Day Workshop for Camera Clubs
Lead by: professional photographer Gary W. Stanley

Because so many of you have had me lecture at your photographic club or organization, I wish to extend to you an invitation to participate in an all-day outdoor photographic workshop designed specifically for your own camera club.

My proposal to you is this: when you schedule me for a typical one-hour slide-lecture program at your club, I will offer an all-day photographic workshop that following Saturday (any suitable date is also possible).

The advantage to you and your club is simple: You will have experienced one of my specialized teaching programs and will now have the opportunity to get hands-on instruction in the field with a working professional photographer. I won’t just show up and photograph, but instead, I will work with your people one-on-one sharing tips, advice and answering any questions that participants may have.

This workshop will help to instill the thoughts and ideas that I express in my lectures, so that folks will more likely retain the information that we talk about by experiencing things first-hand. This should prove to be even more beneficial than a standard club outing because of the professional help that I offer. I also believe that this would be a great aid in attracting the newer members of your club to get more actively involved.

With the economical limitations of money and time, these day-long programs make sense. Together we can arrange a location that is within a reasonable drive. It might be a favorite club location with photographic possibilities or one of mine.

My fee for a workshop of this nature is $100 per person up to ten, $85 a piece for ten or more. If you have ten or more sign-ups I will waive my lecture fee of $150 that I normally get for camera club one-hour lectures. I would like to keep the maximum number of sign-ups to fifteen as that keeps my assistant and me from being stretched too thin.

If you already have me on your schedule or are thinking of inviting me to your club to lecture, think about adding a day long workshop. You may also wish to organize a separate workshop at another time of the year. Why not give it a try!

Thanks
Gary
Gary W. Stanley
gary@light-chasers.com
www.light-chasers.com
781-599-0819
cell 781-249-3248

No comments: