Monday, December 8, 2008

Snowy Owls

I follow a few bird lists and there have been reports of snowy owls in CT.

Directly from Luke's Blog:

Another couple of birders and I were wondering whether the Snowy Owl reported in Stratford at the same time as the Norwalk Snowy Owl might have possibly been the one that arrived in Westport (as found by Tina Green). Well thanks to Charlie Barnard reading the post and sending me a great snap of the Stratford Owl I think we can safely rule out the Westport bird being the relocated Stratford bird. That means we can now tally 3 seperate Snowies in Fairfield County over the last couple of weeks. I note that a Snowy Owl was reported from Bridgeport today by Charlie (the same bird that disappeared from Stratford 10 or so days ago?) It is certainly turning into a banner year for these beautiful and much sought after owls down on the Fairfield County coast!

No comments: