Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pro Nature Photographer site

We, at Pro Nature Photographer, are dedicated to the profession of nature, travel, and adventure photography. Our goal is to provide our readers with top quality information about the art, business, and lifestyle of professional outdoor photography. To be the center for information sharing and to promote ethical and professional business practices while fostering a creative learning environment for all photographers and the public alike.

My name is Charlie Borland and I have been a professional photographer for 30 years. I attended Brooks Institute in the 1970s and have had a successful commercial photography business during that time shooting for all kinds of clients.

My outdoor, nature, and adventure imagery has been used all over the world including several hundred calendar credits, cards, advertisements, and publications like National Geographic Adventure and Traveler, Outside, Backpacker, AAA, Women’s Sport and Fitness, Sports Illustrated for Women, Time, Newsweek, TV Guide, Outdoor Photographer, USA Today, Men’s Fitness, Snow Country, Mountainfreak, NW Airlines, Canoe and Kayaking, Nature’s Best, North Face, Mens Health, Southern Bell, and on assignment for Nike, Camelbak, Early Winters, Black Diamond, Sunset, NW Airlines, and more.

I have been represented by 12 different agencies during my career including Getty, Corbis, Imagestate, Weststock, Adventure Photo & Film, and FPG. I have also founded two stock photo agencies, selling the first to Fpg/Getty and then in 2002 I co-founded Fogstock.com.

I decided to start Pro Nature Photographer because I felt our industry lacked a centralized online location to discuss the business we are in. My goal is to provide information, ideas, and inspiration to all outdoor photographers and foster a community of information sharing so we may all prosper, both financially and spiritually.

No comments: