Sunday, February 13, 2011

“CAPTURING THE WORLD IN MOTION” FREE

THE PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB OF LOWER FAIRFIELD COUNTY

Presents

Dan Burns

“CAPTURING THE WORLD IN MOTION”

The Photography Club of Lower Fairfield County invites you to hear renowned photographer Dan Burns share his love of photography through stories behind his stunning work.

Dan Burns is probably most well known for his successful career as a sports photographer including shooting for the National Football League and capturing the on-field play of the New York Giants. However, in his extensive work he has also photographed car races, dancers, athletes, and actors. Most recently his focus has turned to nature and wildlife photography. Seems like an unusually diverse career? Not so, says Dan, because photographing all of these subjects has one thing in common: they are all subjects in motion. In his words below:

“Most would call me a sports photographer but that would be unfair to aviators, wildlife, dancers and actors I’ve worked with over the years. Sports represents only about 50% of my work. It is the movement of an athlete, a racecar traveling at close to 200 mph, a military aircraft traveling at the speed of sound, an eagle soaring in search of food, or a shuttle traveling at a few thousand miles per hour that captivates my interest. How do I tell a compelling story with just one image? That is always the quest. So I define my professional self as someone whose interest is in motion and how to tell a story in one frame. Most folk’s nerves become unraveled when they’re asked to photograph anything that is moving. I guess I’ve always been a bit odd in that way. For me it’s just the opposite…the faster something moves the calmer I become.”

Free, Open to the Public

Wednesday, February 16th, 7:30pm

Stamford Government Center

Franklin Auditorium, 2nd Floor

888 Washington Blvd.

Stamford, CT 06901

For more information visit our website at www.pclfc.com or contact David Henkel DHFore@hotmail.com

No comments: